Friday, August 29, 2008

Halo Board Game

Well, yet another chance to own a piece of the Halo phenomenon. The latest merchandise? Board games. This interactive strategy game will have players moving around the board, controlling some of their favorite characters from the series, and facing off in their favorite modes like Capture-the-Flag and Slayer. Future updates will include more map-building tools, characters, and weapons. The game also ships with an interactive DVD to introduce more realism.

My take? I think it's a good idea. It sorta reminds me of that strategy game I used to play every so often - Heroscape. It was fun, and there was an element of building armies, some strategy, and some pure luck. The DVD might be more corny than anything else, but this sounds like a reasonable way to pay homage to the Halo series. My only question: Why not just play XBOX?

No comments: